Standard Exceptions to the Scientific Collecting Permit
This permit does not authorize you to take any of the following without an additional, written permit or Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) from the Department of Fish and Wildlife:
- All threatened and endangered species (state and federal classification),
- pelicans, herons, egrets, swans, vultures, raptors, cranes, bird nests and eggs,
- bats, beaver, carnivores (foxes, bear, ringtail, raccoon, marten, fisher, mink, badger, otters, mountain lion, bobcat, seals and sea lions),
- elk, deer, antelope, mountain sheep and bighorn sheep,
- California Protected Species and Special Concern Species.