- Deer Harvest Information
- Related Links and Additional Information
- Current Issues of Concern
- Private Lands Management
CDFW Wildlife Branch 1812 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
Game Management Programs
- Waterfowl Reservation Drawing Results
- Fund-Raising Auction Tags
- Avian Influenza
- Waterfowl Hunt Results on Public Hunt Areas
- Bear Harvest Number to Date
- Fire Closure Information
Other CDFW Programs
What is "County Veto Authority"?
In California, 37 of our 58 counties have the authority to object to, or modify, Department proposals for anterless deer hunting (Fish and Game Code Section 450-460). Of 43 antlerless hunts proposed in 1996, 13 were vetoed by county boards of supervisors (in Del Norte, Siskiyou, Shasta, Tehama, Lassen, Trinity, Humboldt, and Mendocino counties).