- Big Game Hunting Booklet
- Current Year Season Dates, Quotas, Regulations
- Zone Maps and General Zone Information
- Additional Hunt Information
- Deer Harvest Information
- Related Links and Additional Information
- Current Issues of Concern
- Private Lands Management
- Population Information
- Application for Cooperative Deer Hunting Area Permit (PDF)
Game Management Programs
- Waterfowl Reservation Drawing Results
- Fund-Raising Auction Tags
- Avian Influenza
- Waterfowl Hunt Results on Public Hunt Areas
- Bear Harvest Number to Date
- Fire Closure Information
Other CDFW Programs
Forest Fire Closures and Additional Information
Due to current fire conditions, fire closures and/or restrictions on public lands are expected for the 2014/15 hunting season. If you plan to hunt USFS or BLM lands this year, it is important that you monitor the individual forest and/or resource area websites for updates on potential closures.
For your convenience, we have provided links to the US Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management, and the Incident Information System (which lists all fires).
- National Forests in California
- Bureau of Land Management Properties in California
- Fire Incident Information (includes current wildland fires)
- Klamath National Forest Closures
Deer tag fees are nonrefundable, regardless of closures due to fire, weather or any other conditions (CCR T14-708.5). Conditions for tag exchanges are stated below:
Premium deer hunt tags cannot be exchanged.
Restricted and Unrestricted deer hunt tags may be exchanged if all of the following conditions are met:
- The earliest season for the tag being exchanged has not yet opened (In most cases this is archery season; however check season dates for confirmation);
- The tag quota for the tag being exchanged has not filled;
- Tags are still available for the zone being requested; and
- The exchange fee of $9.79 for the exchange tag accompanies your request.
Deer tag exchanges are only processed at CDFW license sales offices.