- Apply for Big Game Tag Drawing
- Big Game Hunting Booklet
- Current Year Season Dates, Quotas, Regulations
- Zone Maps and General Zone Information
- Additional Hunt Information
- Deer Harvest Information
- Related Links and Additional Information
- Current Issues of Concern
- Private Lands Management
- Population Information
- Application for Cooperative Deer Hunting Area Permit (PDF)
Game Management Programs
- Waterfowl Reservation Drawing Results
- Fund-Raising Auction Tags
- Avian Influenza
- Waterfowl Hunt Results on Public Hunt Areas
- Bear Harvest Number to Date
- Fire Closure Information
Other CDFW Programs
Forest Fire Closures and Additional Information
Due to current fire conditions, fire closures and/or restrictions on public lands are expected for the 2013/14 hunting season. If you plan to hunt USFS or BLM lands this year, it is important that you monitor the individual forest and/or resource area websites for updates on potential closures.
For your convenience, we have provided links to the US Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management, and the Incident Information System (which lists all fires). Conditions for tag refunds/exchanges are stated below:
You must apply for the refund prior to the opening of the earliest season in your zone. In most cases this is archery season; however check season dates for confirmation.
If you wish to request a different tag, the request must be made prior to the opening of the zone you are requesting a new tag in AND the zone for which your original tag was issued. Additionaly, there must be tags available in the requested zone.
NO refunds will be issued after the start of early seasons for that zone.
- National Forests in California
- Bureau of Land Management Properties in California
- Fire Incident Information (includes current wildland fires)