- Black Bear Biology
- Draft Environmental Document
- Management and Harvest
- Black Bear Habitat in California
- Population Information
- Black Bear Depredation Policy in California
- Black Bear Management Plan (PDF)
- Private Lands Management
- Public Safety
Game Management Programs
- Waterfowl Reservation Drawing Results
- Fund-Raising Auction Tags
- Avian Influenza
- Waterfowl Hunt Results on Public Hunt Areas
- Bear Harvest Number to Date
- Fire Closure Information
Other CDFW Programs
Bear Harvest Numbers
As of December 18, 2012 we have received 1,839 successful bear tags; thus pursuant to Title 14, section 365(b), the 2012 bear season is now closed.
Please return all unused bear tags to:
P.O. Box 944209
Sacramento, CA 94299-0002.
Tags can also be reported online by logging into the Automated Data Licensing System.