- Ocean Fishing
- Laws & Regulations
- Marine Protected Areas
- Fish Identification
- Permits & Licenses
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
- Marine Life Management & Research
- What We Do
Main Office: 20 Lower Ragsdale Drive, Suite 100
Monterey, CA 93940
Information: (831) 649-2870, AskMarine@wildlife.ca.gov
Acting Regional Manager:
Statewide Interests Group (North Coast Study Region)
The MLPA Statewide Interests Group (SIG) is composed of members from key interest groups from around the state with a willingness and capacity to communicate with as broad a constituency as possible. The SIG provides a forum for enhanced communication between the MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force (BRTF) and stakeholders regarding implementation of the MLPA Initiative.
The SIG advises the chair of the task force and MLPA staff regarding strategies for outreach to constituent groups, ways to increase public and stakeholder participation in the MLPA Initiative, and how to improve the progress in implementing, and to identify statewide issues that relate to or may affect, the MLPA Initiative.
The SIG does not vote or take formal positions on any procedural or substantive issues, but instead alerts the task force and staff of issues and opportunities that could improve public involvement in the MLPA process. The SIG meets periodically by conference call and is independent of the regional stakeholder group process.
Members of the SIG are appointed by the MLPA Initiative Executive Director in consultation with the chair of the BRTF.
The following individuals are members of the Statewide Interests Group:
- Nick Angeloff, Tribal Historic Preservation Officer, Bear River Band of Rohnerville Rancheria
- Maura Eastman, Tribal Administrator, Wiyot Tribe
- Zeke Grader, Executive Director, Pacific Coast Federation of Fisherman's Associations
- Joel Greenberg, Southern California Chapter Chairman, Recreational Fishing Alliance
- Honorable Doug Hammerstrom, Mayor, City of Fort Bragg
- Jim Haussener, Executive Director, California Marine Affairs and Navigation Conference
- Ken Jones, President, United Pier and Shore Anglers of California
- Ken Kurtis, Owner, Reef Seekers Dive Co.
- Honorable Martha McClure, member, County of Del Norte Board of Supervisors
- Samantha Murray, Ecosystem Program Manager, The Ocean Conservancy
- Linda Sheehan, Executive Director, California Coastkeeper Alliance
- Sarah Sikich, Coastal Resources Director, Heal the Bay
- Stephen Umbertis, resident, Mattole Valley