- Ocean Fishing
- Laws & Regulations
- Marine Protected Areas
- Fish Identification
- Permits & Licenses
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
- Marine Life Management & Research
- What We Do
Main Office: 20 Lower Ragsdale Drive, Suite 100
Monterey, CA 93940
Information: (831) 649-2870, AskMarine@wildlife.ca.gov
Acting Regional Manager:
Regulatory and Environmental Review Process Documents (North Coast Study Region)
California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Process
- North Coast Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR) (May 29, 2012)
- North Coast Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) (March 1, 2012)
- Notice of Availability (NOA) of a Draft Environmental Impact Report for North Coast Marine Protected Areas
(Includes Public Hearings Announcement - March 1, 2012)
Regulatory Process Documents under Administrative Procedures Act (APA)
On June 29, 2011 the California Fish and Game Commission selected its preferred alternative proposal of Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) known as the Proposed Regulation, for regulatory review in the MLPA north coast region.
The Commission Proposed Regulation establishes 19 new or modified MPAs, 1 marine managed area (MMA), and 7 special closures for the north coast region.
The Commission has scheduled a "discussion hearing" on April 11 in Eureka, and will make its decision at an "adoption hearing" on June 6 in Eureka. Meeting information, as well as the Regulatory documents describing south coast MPA proposals and their rationale, is also available through the Fish and Game Commission website.