- Ocean Fishing
- Laws & Regulations
- Marine Protected Areas
- Fish Identification
- Permits & Licenses
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
- Marine Life Management & Research
- What We Do
Main Office: 20 Lower Ragsdale Drive, Suite 100
Monterey, CA 93940
Information: (831) 649-2870, AskMarine@wildlife.ca.gov
Acting Regional Manager:
MLPA Initiative Executive Director Ken Wiseman Announces Newest Members of the MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group
MLPA Initiative Executive Director Ken Wiseman today announced seven new members of the MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group on behalf of MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force Chair Don Benninghoven and California Department of Fish and Game Director Donald Koch.
"These new members complete the group and bring an in-depth knowledge about local resources and uses to help redesign marine protected areas within the study region," said Executive Director Wiseman. "While the group is made up of primary and alternate members, we give great weight to all members having a voice at the table and especially the important work of developing MPA proposals."
The new members are in Ventura today for the second meeting of the regional stakeholder group, being held at the Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach Hotel. The stakeholder group will work with a blue ribbon task force, science advisory team, and MLPA staff to help California improve the design and management of the south coast portion of a statewide network of marine protected areas.
Seven new members complete the regional stakeholder group:
- Lauren Czarnecki, Lab Manager, Information Technology Manager and Research Coordinator, Wrigley Institute for Environmental Studies (alternate for Wayne Griffin)
- Josh Fisher, commercial lobster fisherman (alternate for Phil Beguhl)
- Wayne Griffin, President, Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce
- R. Kevin Ketchum, General Manager, California Yacht Marina
- Marc Mills, Marketing Promotion/Product Manager, Okuma Fishing Tackle Corporation (alternate for Dr. Chugey Sepulveda)
- Dave Rudie, Owner, Catalina Offshore Products (alternate for R. Kevin Ketchum)
- Dr. Chugey Sepulveda, Laboratory Director, Pfleger Institute of Environmental Research
For additional information on the Marine Life Protection Act Initiative, please visit www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/mpa/.