- Ocean Fishing
- Laws & Regulations
- Marine Protected Areas
- Fish Identification
- Permits & Licenses
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
- Marine Life Management & Research
- What We Do
Main Office: 20 Lower Ragsdale Drive, Suite 100
Monterey, CA 93940
Information: (831) 649-2870, AskMarine@wildlife.ca.gov
Acting Regional Manager:
- All reports require Adobe Reader.
- If the work presented below is reproduced elsewhere, authors from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife would appreciate receiving appropriate acknowledgment.
This page is currently under development. Please check back often for new information and updates.
Fishery-Independent Marine Research
- Fisheries Independent Assessment Project
- Deep Subtidal Studies - 20 to 100 m (60 to 300 ft)
Includes visual surveys using remotely operated vehicles, submarines, etc.