- Ocean Fishing
- Laws & Regulations
- Marine Protected Areas
- Fish Identification
- Permits & Licenses
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
- Marine Life Management & Research
- Marine Region Projects
Main Office: 20 Lower Ragsdale Drive, Suite 100
Monterey, CA 93940
Information: (831) 649-2870, AskMarine@wildlife.ca.gov
CPS-HMS Electronic Receipt Submission
There are now two ways for fish dealers and processor to voluntarily submit landing receipts containing CPS (market squid, Pacific sardine, Pacific mackerel, northern anchovy and jack mackerel) to the CPS-HMS project. Each method is described below. Please use one method only.
Tips for voluntary electronic submission of landing receipts:
- If you are currently submitting receipts via fax, please discontinue and submit future receipts via one of the below methods.
- Submit landing receipts daily.
- If you are unable to submit landing receipts daily, please include receipts for only ONE dealer number and ONE day per PDF or JPEG (this can include multiple receipts).
- Submit each receipt only once.
- Check that writing is legible and that scans or pictures are clear enough to read.
Please remember, this voluntary reporting does not replace the legal requirement for submission of the original signed copy of these landing receipts to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife twice a month according to FGC Â§ 8046 (a).
Electronic submission is used to assist the Department in improving in-season tracking of CPS landings and depends on your continued voluntary cooperation. If you have specific questions regarding the electronic submission process, please direct them to Anna Holder at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (831) 649-7141.
Method 1: Email
Please scan (or take a picture) of landing receipts and email them to CPSHMS@wildlife.ca.gov.
Once you have submitted receipts to the CPSHMS email address you will receive a reply email confirming your submission.
Method 2: Form
Please complete and submit this form:
Please note: Information transmitted via the Internet is not secure until received by CDFW.