- Comprehensive Wetland Habitat Program
- Ecological Reserves
- Wildlife Areas
- GIS Information
- Lands Inventory Fact Sheet
- Land Management Planning
- Staff Directory
- Articles from Outdoor California
Private Lands Conservation Programs
Cottonwood Creek Wildlife Area - Merced & Santa Clara Counties
The symbols above are activities permitted on this Wildlife Area. Click for more info.
Location: 36 miles E of Gilroy and NE of Hwy 152.
Phone Number: (209) 826-0463
Map: Directional Map (PDF) Directional Map (2) (PDF)
Description: 6,315 acres of steep oak-grassland (Upper unit) and steep hilly grassland (Lower unit). Foot access only. Wild pigs, black-tailed deer, gray fox, 100 species of birds.
- CDFW Press Release: Now Accepting Applications for Deer and Pig Hunts in Merced County
- 2014 Merced County Wildlife Areas Zone A Deer/Pig Season Application (PDF)
Lower Cottonwood Creek Unit
- Special Restrictions: Limited to shotguns and archery equipment. No rifles or pistols may be used or possessed.
- Unit Info & Map (PDF)
Upper Cottonwood Creek Unit
All legal firearms and archery equipment is allowed.
PLEASE NOTE: Area regulations are subject to change. Special restrictions on recreational uses, hunt days and methods of take are listed in the current year's issue of Hunting and Other Public Uses on State and Federal Areas, available at CDFW offices and places where licenses are sold.