- Comprehensive Wetland Habitat Program
- Ecological Reserves
- Wildlife Areas
- GIS Information
- Lands Inventory Fact Sheet
- Land Management Planning
- Staff Directory
- Articles from Outdoor California
Private Lands Conservation Programs
Maps of the Napa-Sonoma Marshes Wildlife Area
Maps: Directional Map (PDF) Hunting Areas Map (PDF)
For hunting open and closed zones/units, please refer to the Hunting Map
To best appreciate this area, one needs to use a small boat or kayak and navigate the many sloughs that circulate through the interior of the marsh as most of the property is accessible by boat only. There are several launch areas located on the Napa River and one site on Hudeman Slough, however, please consult local tide tables for the best (and most safe) boating opportunities to tour the area. Also please be aware of waterfowl hunting activity during the months of October through January each year.
Public Launch Ramps:
- In Vallejo, next to Brinkman's Marine;
- Hudeman Slough launch ramp, in Sonoma County, on Skaggs Is. Road 1 mile south of Ramal Road. This ramp is operated by the Sonoma County Department of Parks and Recreation. Hudeman Slough boat launch is accessible to the public with a key issued by the Sonoma County Regional Parks Department. Keys are available by calling (707) 565-2041. Detailed information is available.
- Cuttings Wharf launch ramp, on Cuttings Wharf Road in Napa County, south of State Hwy. 12/121.
You can find more information by following this link to the tour guide.