- Comprehensive Wetland Habitat Program
- Ecological Reserves
- Wildlife Areas
- GIS Information
- Lands Inventory Fact Sheet
- Land Management Planning
- Staff Directory
- Articles from Outdoor California
Private Lands Conservation Programs
Hunting at the Napa-Sonoma Marshes Wildlife Area
The Napa-Sonoma Marshes Wildlife Area is a type C area, however, hunt days are Saturdays, Sundays, and Wednesdays during open seasons for authorized species except rabbits may be hunted daily during the September dove season. There are no day use charges to the hunter or visitor, however, voluntary permit cards are available at the Huichica Creek Unit (Buchli Station Rd. parking lot). Brief wildlife area and species regulations are listed below. Junior pheasant and duck hunt information is available here. Complete information can be found in the regulation booklets, available at most sporting goods stores, CDFW regional offices, and on the internet. You can also get a map of the area, which is highly recommended information on Junior Hunts
Special Restrictions: No rifles or pistols may be used or possessed.
Wildlife Area Regulations
- No person shall drive, operate, leave, place, or stop any motor driven vehicle or trailer on any State wildlife area except on public or established roads.
- No person shall damage, remove, or destroy any barrier, sign, signpost, or signboard on any wildlife area.
- No person shall tamper with, damage, or remove any property on his own when such property is located within a State wildlife area.
- No person shall leave, deposit, drop, bury, or scatter bottles, broken glass, feathers, hides, wastepaper, cans, sewage, or other rubbish in any State wildlife area except in a receptacle designated for that purpose.
- The department may eject any person from a State wildlife area for violation of any of these rules or regulations or for disorderly conduct, intoxication, or when a department employee determines that the general safety or welfare of the area or persons thereon is endangered.
- Loaded firearms are prohibited in the parking lots on all wildlife areas.
- No person shall possess or discharge a firearm, bow and arrow, air or gas gun, spear gun, or other propulsive device of any kind on the White Slough Unit.
- Hunt days are Saturdays, Sundays, and Wednesdays during open seasons for authorized species, except that doves and rabbits may be hunted daily during the September dove season.
- No rifles or pistols may be possessed.
- Authorized species are waterfowl, coots, moorhens, quail, snipe, rabbits, pheasants, and doves.
- Camping and trailers are not allowed.
- Dogs are not allowed from March 2 through June 30.
- Campfires are prohibited.
* Due to changes in yearly regulations please refer to the regulations link for current hunting information, season dates, and limits.