- What are invasive species?
- Quagga/Zebra mussel management
- How can I help?
- Invasive Species Action Week
- Citizen science
- Report a sighting
- Eye on Invasives newsletter
- California Aquatic Invasive Species Management Plan
- Laws and regulations
- Marine Invasive Species Monitoring Program
- Contact us
2013 Quagga / Zebra Mussel Water Agency Summit
Hosted by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife
The goals of the summit were to equip water managers with information and tools necessary to prepare and implement quagga and zebra mussel prevention programs at their local waters. In addition, the summit offered an opportunity for agencies from around the state to collaborate and share information on existing programs.
- CA Department of Fish and Wildlife Update – Martha Volkoff, CDFW (PDF)
- Prevention Program Elements – Jennifer LaBay, CDFW (PDF)
- Vessel Registration Fee (AB 2443) Update – Melissa Frago, DBW (PDF)
- Big Bear Lake Prevention Program – Mike Stephenson, Big Bear Municipal Water District (PDF)
- Don Pedro Reservoir Prevention Program – David Jigour, Turlock Irrigation District (PDF)
- Pyramid Lake, Castaic Lake, and Lake Piru Reciprocal Prevention Program – Lori Bennett, LA County Department of Parks and Recreation (PDF)
- Assessment of Sport Fishing as a Vector for the Spread of Quagga Mussels Poster (PDF)
- Early Detection Monitoring for Quagga and Zebra Mussels in California (PDF)
- Quagga and Zebra Mussel Biology And History of Invasion (PDF)
Questions or Comments
Please contact Jennifer LaBay at (916) 653-3868 or at Jennifer.LaBay@wildlife.ca.gov.