- Fisheries Restoration Grants
- Coho Salmon
- Chinook Salmon
- Heritage and Wild Trout
830 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
California Heritage Trout Challenge
Information and Resources
Part of "taking the Challenge” will include learning more about the native trout of California, where they are found, and what is being done to conserve and restore these “Heritage Trout.” The following information is offered to help you complete the Challenge:
- Qualifying Trout for the Challenge
- Definition of Key Terms
- More ways to learn about California native trout:
- Visit the California Department of Fish and Wildlife Heritage and Wild Trout pages on the Web
- Conduct Internet searches on each of the native trout forms.
- Heritage Trout and Wild Trout brochures are available from CDFW’s Fisheries Branch.
- Contact CDFW Wild Trout biologists located at offices in Redding, Bishop, Rancho Cordova, and Visalia.
- Inland Fishes of California, a book by Dr. Peter Moyle of U.C. Davis
- Trout and Salmon of Western North America, a book by Dr. Robert Behnke