- Fisheries Restoration Grants
- Coho Salmon
- Chinook Salmon
- Heritage and Wild Trout
830 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
California Heritage Trout Challenge
Requirements and Policy
- Catch six different forms of native trout from their historic drainages in California and photograph each of the trout.
- Submit a completed Application
Form (FG 737C) (PDF) along with the trout photos to:
CDFW, Fisheries Branch
1416 Ninth Street, 12th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
- There are no time restrictions to complete the Challenge. Native trout caught from appropriate waters and verified with a photo can qualify, even if caught years ago.
- Only one certificate per calendar year may be earned. Anglers may apply in subsequent years with different combinations of native trout.
- Anglers may not use the same trout that have been submitted for previous Heritage Trout Challenge applications. Anglers may catch the same species again on a different date and/or location in order to qualify for additional Heritage Trout Challenge certificates.
- All photos and applications become property of CDFW and cannot be returned.
- After applications are reviewed by CDFW, anglers will be notified by mail. All decisions are final.