- Fisheries Restoration Grants
- Coho Salmon
- Chinook Salmon
- Heritage and Wild Trout
830 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
Before and after: a bridge is built to replace a culvert that was impassable to salmon. Photos provided by Mike Bird.
Fisheries Restoration Grant Program
The Fisheries Restoration Grant Program (FRGP) was established in 1981 in response to rapidly declining populations of wild salmon and steelhead trout and deteriorating fish habitat in California. This competitive grant program has invested millions of dollars to support projects from sediment reduction to watershed education throughout coastal California. Contributing partners include federal and local governments, tribes, water districts, fisheries organizations, watershed restoration groups, the California Conservation Corps, AmeriCorps, and private landowners.
- The 2013 Proposal Solicitation Notice (PSN) will be available February 1, 2013. Proposals will be accepted February 1 - March 15, 2013. See information about 2013 PSN workshops (PDF). All applicants are encouraged to attend a workshop as there have been changes to the 2013 PSN. For specific proposal questions, contact information will be listed in Appendix D of the 2013 PSN. For general questions contact Patty Forbes.
- Public Notice of Availability: Mitigated
Negative Declaration for 2013 Fisheries Restoration Grant Program Projects
Comments due January 22, 2013
- Grant Process
- Proposal Solicitation Notice
- Proposal Funding Summaries
- Restoration Manual and other Guidance Tools
- Additional Resources
- FRGP Contacts