- Overview / History
- Curriculum Aids
- Northern Region (includes counties of Del Norte, Humboldt, Lassen, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama, and Trinity)
- North Central Region (includes counties of Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba)
- Bay Delta Region (includes counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, and Sonoma)
- Central Region (includes counties of Mariposa, Merced, Stanislaus, Tuolumne, Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, and Tulare)
- South Coast Region (includes counties of Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Santa Barbara, and Ventura)
- Inlands Region (includes counties of Imperial, Inyo, Mono, Riverside, and San Bernardino)
Central Region CAEP
Salmonids in the Classroom
Serving Mariposa, Merced, Stanislaus, Tuolumne, Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, and Tulare counties
Teacher Workshop Schedule
Start participating in the program by attending one of these free workshops!
The Salmonids in the Classroom (SIC) teacher workshops give teachers the tools they need to hatch salmon or trout in their classrooms. Workshops will cover program basics, equipment set up, and ideas for teaching the program in the classroom and on your field trip.
The program correlates with numerous CA Department of Education content standards.
Equipment, if it is available, will be lent to you. Many teachers obtain grant money or funding through other sources for the equipment that is needed.
Workshops have been completed for 2013/14 school year. Workshops are usually held each year in October. Please check back in Sept. 2014 for the 2014 workshop schedule.
Salmonids in the Classroom fulfills California State Science Standards; come learn how!