- Overview / History
- Curriculum Aids
- Northern Region (includes counties of Del Norte, Humboldt, Lassen, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama, and Trinity)
- North Central Region (includes counties of Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba)
- Bay Delta Region (includes counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, and Sonoma)
- Central Region (includes counties of Mariposa, Merced, Stanislaus, Tuolumne, Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, and Tulare)
- South Coast Region (includes counties of Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Santa Barbara, and Ventura)
- Inlands Region (includes counties of Imperial, Inyo, Mono, Riverside, and San Bernardino)
Bay Delta Region CAEP
Trout in the Classroom
Serving Alameda, Contra Costa, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, and Sonoma counties
See also, Curriculum Aids
Permit to Receive Eggs (form 772)
Completion of an approved training program is a prerequisite for applying for a form 772 (Authorization to Transport and Rear Eggs and Fish). Once you have completed the form, please sign it and mail it to the appropriate address listed on page 2 of the form. Please allow 6 weeks to process your application.
It is advisable to work with your sponsoring organization (generally the fly-fishing club you are working with) when you complete the application form.
If approved, your application will be returned to you (or to your sponsoring club) prior to your receiving eggs.
For rainbow trout, please see the list of pre-approved trout release sites below.
Once the fish are released, this form must be completed and returned to your regional coordinator within 10 days of release.