- Overview / History
- Curriculum Aids
- Northern Region (includes counties of Del Norte, Humboldt, Lassen, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama, and Trinity)
- North Central Region (includes counties of Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba)
- Bay Delta Region (includes counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, and Sonoma)
- Central Region (includes counties of Mariposa, Merced, Stanislaus, Tuolumne, Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, and Tulare)
- South Coast Region (includes counties of Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Santa Barbara, and Ventura)
- Inlands Region (includes counties of Imperial, Inyo, Mono, Riverside, and San Bernardino)
North Central Region CAEP
Classroom Aquarium Education Program
Serving Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba counties
Steelhead in the Classroom Teacher Training Workshop
Saturday, January 18, 2014
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Nimbus Hatchery Visitor’s Center
2001 Nimbus Road, Suite F, Gold River, CA 95670
Any K-12 teacher from the Sacramento region (including Sacramento, El Dorado, Amador, Placer, San Joaquin, Butte, Yuba, Sutter and Calaveras Counties) is welcome to attend. There is no fee or registration required for attendance. Teachers will receive materials for the classroom and will be connected to a sponsor for their area. The sponsors provide all of the necessary equipment and deliver the eggs to the classrooms. Participation in the training is required before teachers can receive salmon eggs for the classroom.
Application to Receive Eggs for Your Classroom
All NEW and RETURNING teachers must fill out an application for EACH SEASON that they plan to have eggs in the classroom.
Applications can be requested from Jane.VanCamp@wildlife.ca.gov.