- Overview / History
- Curriculum Aids
- Northern Region (includes counties of Del Norte, Humboldt, Lassen, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama, and Trinity)
- North Central Region (includes counties of Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba)
- Bay Delta Region (includes counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, and Sonoma)
- Central Region (includes counties of Mariposa, Merced, Stanislaus, Tuolumne, Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, and Tulare)
- South Coast Region (includes counties of Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Santa Barbara, and Ventura)
- Inlands Region (includes counties of Imperial, Inyo, Mono, Riverside, and San Bernardino)
North Central Region CAEP
Classroom Aquarium Education Program
Serving Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba counties
Salmon in the Classroom Teacher Training Workshop
Saturday, September 13, 2014
9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Nimbus Hatchery Visitor’s Center
2001 Nimbus Road, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Any K-12 teacher from the Sacramento region (including Sacramento, El Dorado, Amador, Placer, San Joaquin, Butte, Yuba, Sutter and Calaveras Counties) is welcome to attend. There is no fee required for attendance. Teachers will receive materials for the classroom and will be connected to a sponsor for their area. The sponsors provide all of the necessary equipment and deliver the eggs to the classrooms. Participation in the training is required before teachers can receive salmon eggs for the classroom. Teachers must register before coming to the training. You may register by calling 916 358-1644 and leaving a message for Jane Van Camp or Joe Ferreira; or by email: Jane.Vancamp@wildlife.ca.gov.
When registering please leave your name, phone number, and the name and location (city) of your school. On the day of the workshop please come 15 minutes early, bring a bag lunch and water, and follow the signs for parking.
All NEW and RETURNING teachers must send in an application. Applications for new teachers will be available at the workshop. Returning teachers may get applications from their sponsors.
For more information, contact Joe Ferreira or Jane Van Camp:
Phone: (916) 358-1644
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org / Jane.VanCamp@wildlife.ca.gov